Cost of Asbestos Removal Adelaide
We charge between $40/m2 and $60/m2 depending on the facts of the job:
- The difficulty and scope of the job. For instance, removing a simple shed roof is much easier that taking down a roof with a very steep slope.
- Size of the job - larger jobs usually cost less per square metre.
- Tipping costs and distance to the tip. Tipping costs begin at around $450 and may be a lot higher in some cases.
- It is easier to remove large ACM sheets than large quantities of smaller materials.
- Ease of access to your property
Each aspect of the job will be looked at individually by our team. For removing external cladding they may charge $40 a square metre and $50 per square metre or higher for removing asbestos roofing materials. There will usually be a minimum of around $500, smaller jobs usually have a higher per square metre cost than larger jobs do.
Due to the fact that there are so many different variables that must be considered, be sure to provide us with as much information as you possibly can when obtaining a quote. A fairly easy job might cost as low as $45 a square metre. However, for difficult jobs it isn't uncommon for the charges to be $65 per square meter and you will also have to pay tipping and transportation costs.
Request a free inspection and we will come out and assess the situation free of charge.
How Can I Tell That It Is Asbestos
Numerous building products are asbestos containing materials (ACM). To know for certain, an expert's opinion is needed. They might send a sample off to have it tested.
Some of the areas where this toxic building material might be located include the following:
- Zelimite backing boards within switchboards
- Telecommunications pits
- Imitation brick cladding
- Shed linings and car ports
- External cladding (plank style or flat sheet)
- Drain trap surround cuffs
- Storm water and water pipes
- Toilet vent pipes
- Gable end sheeting
- Roof Guttering
- Roof capping and sheeting
- Smooth or slotted soffit/eave sheeting
- Hardiplank wall cladding
- 'Super six' corrugated roof sheeting utilized as fencing, which is frequently buried at the base in the ground
Cement internal sheeting
Some of Our Services
Inspection and Testing - Collect a sample and send it to a lab
Asbestos Roofing - Roof inspection and disposal services
Fence Inspection and Removal - Safe Fencing replacement
Safety Checklist - 19 point safety checklist
Is Removing Asbestos Yourself Safe To Do?
It is absolutely critical to take precautions if you are going to do the asbestos removal Adelaide by yourself. It can be a very complicated and dangerous process handling ACM on your own. We strongly recommend that you hire licensed professionals. They will also dispose of the asbestos according to Government regulations.
Here is the important point: if you must work worth materials that might contain asbestos, then you need to work in such a manner that a minimal amount of small particles, dust and fibres are released from out of the asbestos materials.
Hiring a Licensed Professional
When you are searching for a licensed contractor to hire, the first thing that you should do is inspect their license. One thing to be aware of is that there are two kinds of licenses:
1. The first type is an unrestricted licensed where all kinds of ACM can be removed from a property by the individual.
2. The second type is a restricted license which only allows for (non-friable) asbestos to be removed.
Non-friable asbestos refers to bonded products that don't release fibers into the atmosphere easily. The only situation where a license isn't required for removing non-friable asbestos is if less than 10 square metres of asbestos is being removed. However, it is strongly recommended by health officials that a licensed contractor be hired for removing any ACM.
Why A Licensed Asbestos Removalist Should Be Hired
If you have over 10 square metres of materials that need to be removed from an Adelaide property, you will need to hire a licensed contractor. If you do not have a license, it is illegal moving over 10 square metres.
For any trade professional working with potentially dangerous materials, a license is required. The license is proof that the professional has the proper experience and training for carrying out the work safely.
Whenever a Adelaide asbestos disposal company completes a job, WorkSafe must be supplied in their territory or state along with a notification form that outlines all of the details related to the removal. That provides you with added assurance that the asbestos has been removed safely and that the laws have been complied with.
Cities We Service
Below is a video about asbestos during home renovations in Adelaide, South Australia: